Earth Negotiations Bulletin (1993+) - "Earth Negotiations Bulletin (ENB) is a balanced, timely, and independent reporting service on United Nations environment and development negotiations." Published by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD).
Earth Negotiations: Analyzing Thirty Years of Environmental Diplomacy (available as an e-book). General information around negotiating multilateral treaties as well as 11 case studies of individual treaties. Your treaty might be in here!
Also try the following:
- Find the first official document or documents from the time of the negotiations posted on your Secretariat's Web site
- Look in law review articles [Nexis Uni legal sources or Westlaw Campus Research]
- Find a newspaper article around the time your treaty was ratified
- Try the Yearbook of the United Nations for the year your treaty was ratified
- annual progress reports on your Treaty Secretariat's web site. There should be statements of progress on implementation. These may be buried in the official documents.
- law review articles [Nexis Uni legal sources or Westlaw Campus Research]
- the website of an intergovernmental organization or advocacy group that works with your treaty issue
- environmental news sources