Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Book Locations and Maps
Quick Guide to Clapp Library Locations
|Call # / Location
|Books & Videos A-DZ
Knapp Multimedia Ctr
|Computing Help Desk
Research Help Desk
|Books & Videos E-PM
|Books & Videos PN-Z
Book Arts Lab
Clapp Library Floor Plans
Search the Library Catalog
Use the Wellesley library catalog to find books, videos, and journals (not individual articles).
a few tips:
- do a *subject* search on your author to find books about her or him
- some useful subject terms for this class are:
- look for the subject phrase criticism and interpretation – very helpful
- more subject searches which may prove useful, not related directly to Cervantes:
- or use a keyword search for simple concepts
- find a book that looks useful, click on the title, then click on the Full Record tab to see the subject terms
- click on each subject term to find "more like this"
- one useful keyword search to find books that cover the time period when Cervantes wrote is:
- If our copy is checked out, click on the WorldCat button to the right of the title to request a book
- In a hurry? Get a BLC card and borrow the book directly from a nearby library
- Search Google Books to explore the contents of books (use Advanced Search for more precision), then search our catalog or WorldCat to find or borrow the book.
Critically Evaluate What You Find
Criteria to keep in mind when choosing and using soures:
- Accuracy - Does the author cite her/his sources and are they legitimate?
- Authority - Who wrote the source? Are they credible?
- Objectivity - Does the author have a bias, political or commercial or persuasive?
- Currency - Is this information new or based on outdated sources? Can you tell how current it is?