Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Student Library Research Awards
2021 submissions are open!
These awards were created to reward students who take the time to develop a thoughtful, methodical, and scholarly approach to the research needed for their papers and projects, as well as to encourage students to develop good research techniques.
Find out more at the Student Library Research Awards site
IUPAC 100 Logo Competition!
Welcome to the subject research guide for Chemistry!
This guide will assist you in conducting research in Chemistry. Use the tabs above to navigate through the guide. If you have any questions about doing basic or in-depth research relating to chemistry, please contact me (contact information on the right).
Tabs Table of Contents:
- Home - Welcome, Catalog Search, SuperSearch, Chemistry at Wellesley, IUPAC 100 Logo Competition, Librarian Contact Information
- Find Background Information - Print and Online Reference Materials
- Find Books - Catalog Search, Catalog Tips, Interlibrary Loan
- Find Articles - Key Databases, SuperSearch, SuperSearch Tips, Types of Articles, Science Research in the News, Interlibrary Loan
- Citing Sources - Citation Style Guides, Managers, and Generators
- Find Spectra - Print and online sources
- Help - Library and Technology Help and Contact Information
- Professional Societies - Valuable opportunities for career development and networking
Covers chemistry, biochemistry and molecular biology, biotechnology, environmental science, toxicology, and medicine worldwide, 1907 to present, and selectively from the late 1800s.
Requires one-time registration
(You can currently still use the old SciFinder Web
, but the platform is slated to be retired.)
Web of Science
Interdisciplinary database of scholarly articles. You can also search for articles that cite known journal articles or books.
Search the Library Catalog
Subjects:Astronomy & Astrophysics
, Biological Chemistry
, Biological Sciences
, Cognitive & Linguistic Sciences
, Computer Science
, Environmental Studies
, Physical Education & Athletics
Science Research in the News
Here are some links to popular news articles in the sciences.