Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the research guide for
ECON 203: Econometrics
Use the tabs above on "Finding Data Using IPUMS", "Finding Supporting Literature", and "Stata" to help with your research project. The pages on these tabs contain video tutorials, databases, and other helpful links to guide you through the research process. Do not hesitate to reach out to Daria or Dani for any help!
- Reliable data should indicate the method of compilation.
- If the data have been aggregated, the original source should be identified.
- Read any methodological or technical notes, codebooks, or metadata associated with the data.
- Note the method by which the data have been gathered.
- Match variables closely in time.
- Don't forget to cite data.
- Start early!
Your Instructional Technologist