Last Updated: Aug 3, 2012
The latest edition of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, updates from the McGraw-Hill Yearbooks, Science News headlines, and more.
- American National Biography Online
Profiles of more than 17,400 deceased men and women from all eras and walks of life whose lives shaped the nation.
- Britannica Online Academic Edition
The Encyclopaedia Britannica, including the year in review, a world atlas, and historical timelines.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
Data on properties of inorganic and organic compounds.
- Merck Index Online
The Merck Index is an encyclopedia of chemicals, drugs, and biologicals that contains more than 10,000 monographs. Each monograph in this authoritative reference source is a concise description of a single substance or a small group of closely related compounds.
- Oxford Art Online
The home of Grove Art Online and the access point for Oxford art reference subscriptions and publications online.
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
More than 50,000 biographies of people who shaped all aspects of Britain's past, from the 4th century BCE to 2001.
- Oxford English Dictionary
The accepted authority on the evolution of the English language, giving the meaning, history, and pronunciation of words and tracing their usage through quotations.
- Oxford Music Online
The home of Grove Music Online and the access point for Oxford music reference subscriptions and products online.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
A compendium of statistical tables covering demographic, labor, health and other data on Americans, 1878-present.
- get an overview of your subject to clarify the issues & scope of your project
- find and confirm facts & definitions
- identify key authors, terms, concepts, & the vocabulary of the discipline - use those terms to search the catalog & databases
- find journal articles & books mentioned in the text or bibliography for further reading